As promised here is a little more on the linen bed scarf...
it started out as just a piece of fabric
waiting to be turned into something beautiful
linen and ruffles is amongst some of my favorite things
i'm not an expert on sewing and didn't have a pattern or any directions, just a picture from French Larkspurs post. You can find the post here.
I'm sorry I didn't photograph my entire process to give you a proper tutorial but I hope you find my directions helpful. i also hope you feel inspired to make your own!
When i bought the fabric it was already 48" wide which was perfect size for a twin bed scarf.
1. i cut out a square 48" by 48" out of my 3 yards of fabric.
2. With the remaining fabric i cut 8 6" wide strips to make ruffles
3. Then i put my sewing machine stitches to as wide as possible and sewed my 6" strips straight across leaving 4" of thread on both sides.
4. Once you have done that you can gently start pulling on one of your 4" strings to make ruffles. Taking turns of tugging on both sides of the strings and having my ruffles meet in the middle i found worked best. You can adjust the ruffles to how ruffly you want them.
5. After i finished my 8 strips of ruffles i pinned them on all the way around my 48" by 48" linen square and sewed it on.
That was it!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend of dreaming, creating and being inspired!
until next time,
i'm linking with..
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia- Tuesday's Treasure
The Shabby Nest- Frugal Friday
My Romantic Home- Show and Tell Friday
Freckled Laundry- Air Your Laundry Friday
Funky Junk Interiors- Saturday Nite Special
Savvy Southern Style- Wow Us Wednesday
French Country Cottage- Feather Nest Friday