Monday, June 27, 2011

No-Sew Grain Sack Runner


Hello Friends!
I hope you all had a lovely weekend!
The sun was out shining bright so we took the girls on not one but two bike rides this weekend. The girls ride on the back of our bikes, it's a lot of fun. This weekend i was also busy getting a few projects done around the house.

One of my projects involves re-designing my French grain sacks.
i thought before i started working on one, i would show you how simple it is to turn a grain sack into a table runner without any sewing--this is a total no-brainer.


Here's how ya do it....
All you need is a seam ripper.


Use the seam ripper to undo the seams on both sides of the grain sack.
After you undo your seams the grain sack will be one long strip.
My table is about 7 feet long and i think the grain sack opened is about 8 to 81/2 feet.


it could use a little bit of ironing but i don't think it's necessary.


The other project I worked on this weekend were my dining chairs. They're outside getting a little makeover. i'll share the dining chairs and another grain sack project with you as soon as they are both done.

Have a wonderful week!

until next time,

xo
Cheryl

I'm sharing this at..
Savvy Southern Style- Wow Us Wednesdays
Freckled Laundry- Air Your Laundry Friday
My Romantic Home- Show and Tell Friday
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia- Tuesday's Treasures

24 comments:

  1. great idea. the room looks so gorgeous!!
    cheryl x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cheryl,
    Love the grain sack runner idea...I purchased one thinking I would make a pillow cover but certainly love the no-sew idea better. Thanks for sharing such a great idea...the room looks amazing!
    xx
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks beautiful. I love the color of that door :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect!
    Now how easy is that?!
    :)
    Cant wait to see your chairs!
    I love that door and the flowers that pop on it and on the table..so pretty!

    Deborah xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cheryl ~
    Your table looks beautiful! I also love your previous post ~ Oh my goodness I would love to be there!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Once again, I love. (I'm also in LOVE with your turquoise door!)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE! ;) Thanks so much for sharing that tip Cheryl~ Your dining room is beautiful~ Hugs,Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Niiiiiiiiiice!! I love grain sacks too! And I have an irresistible urge to buy them. Crazy, as I already have quite a few!!

    I LOVE your tale runner idea. That's a great idea!

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks wonderful on your farmhouse table and I love the old door x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Adorable! So chic and easy too!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  11. It is so pretty. Your aqua door is beautiful. Come by and enter my giveaway..from Seawashed. ox

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh! can't wait to see! truly lovely dining room, very pretty and feminine. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    I just visited your blog today. I have two daughters too, now grown, and Jess is into Interior Design, and we both love photography. Jess just recently went to Santa Barbara, and she said it was beautiful. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. The link is: http://redrosealley.blogspot.com We recently did a post about "Home Treasures," and it will give you a chance to get to know us a little better. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day.
    ~Sheri at Red Rose Alley

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely lovely and truly your entire blog is just gorgeous! I just scrolled through your last few posts and you definitely have the magic touch! :-)
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Idea! Thanks for sharing! Love the door!!
    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful colors in your picture. And of course love anything with a grainsack!

    I'm a new follower. Hope you follow me too!

    Emily
    http://lovelybeasts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning, I love the simplicity of the grain sack runner. And I love your door, I was about to paint mine white, changed my mind to gray and now I'm seeing your blue.....guess I'll sleep on it!!
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  18. So pretty. Love the door too! Thanks for linking with air your laundry Friday! xo Jami

    ReplyDelete
  19. Very cool and I love your painted door with flower jar as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love the door at the end of that beautiful table! The runner is the perfect finishing touch! I am your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok.....I think I can actually DO this project! lol! I have a grain sack that I'll certainly try this with. Thanks! And your dining room is just beautiful - even with no chairs. I'm a new follower, Cheryl!

    xoxo laurie

    ReplyDelete